How to obtain a quote.
– Discuss your plans with prospective installers. They will help you select the right products and advise about such things as edgings and drainage.
– Always request written quotations. We recommend more than one as service levels vary and the cheapest is not always the best. Make sure each is quoting on a like-for-like basis.
– Appoint the Premier register installer with whom you feel most comfortable.
How to spot a ‘cowboy’
- If they say they can ‘start tomorrow’ – be wary. Reputable installers are in demand and usually need many weeks notice.
- If they cold call because they ‘just happen to be in the area’ – be very wary. Genuine Premier Register members never cold call. If somebody turns up on y our doorstep claiming to be on the Premier Register – check it out.
- Never accept a verbal estimate. Insist on a written quotation.
- Quotations should be on headed notepaper with an address and telephone number – not just a mobile.
- When you accept a quotation, ask the contractor to confirm it in writing. A ‘cowboy’ will be very reluctant to do so. This written contract is essential.